Scoliosis is a curvature of the spine in an “S” or “C” shape. The severity of the impact of scoliosis varies. Sometimes the condition is mild, but in more severe cases, scoliosis can cause nerve problems and reduced lung capacity.
Dr. Jeremiah Carlson provides chiropractic care at Jacksonville Chiropractic and Acupuncture. Dr. Carlson uses a whole-person wellness approach to patient care. Instead of treating only the problem, his goal is to create a treatment strategy for optimum health. Improving every possible treatable aspect of health and wellness positively impacts your overall sense of well-being.
Read more about How does acupuncture work – Acupuncture Magic
Here are five ways chiropractic treatment helps if you have scoliosis:
- Headaches – Tension in the neck often causes headaches in patients with scoliosis. Releasing the tension provides welcome relief from piercing headaches.
- Neck Pain – Patients with curves in their upper backs often have very tight neck muscles. Cervical manipulations can reduce neck tightness and eliminate pain.
- Back Pain – Chiropractic treatments and adjustments can stop further spinal damage and reduce pain. Pressure on nerves can also cause lower extremity discomfort. Chiropractors are musculoskeletal experts and understand how your scoliosis affects the functioning of the entire body. Adjustments and alignments are intended to reduce and eliminate back pain. Increased muscle strength supports and improves posture.
- Digestion – Misalignment of the spine frequently causes digestion problems. Many patients with scoliosis have digestion issues that impact their quality of life. Chiropractic treatments reduce inflammation in the body and treat the cause of digestive problems.
- Positive Body Image and Increased Self-Esteem – Many patients with scoliosis are very self-conscious. If you needed to wear a brace or felt bad about your posture, perhaps you lost confidence in your appearance. Chiropractic treatments and therapy can help to improve your self-image, increase mobility to your joints, and develop a suitable exercise program that helps support you.
Chiropractic Treatment Offers Non-invasive Approach to Care
Scoliosis can vary greatly in severity, and chiropractic care involves a treatment plan based on each patient’s situation and needs. Chiropractic treatments and interventions focusing on reducing pain, improving posture, and increasing mobility in a non-invasive way, can have a very positive effect on your overall health. If you have scoliosis or are interested in improving your overall health, arrange a consultation with Jacksonville Chiropractic and Acupuncture.
Dr. Jeremiah Carlson is a licensed chiropractor serving the Jacksonville community. Dr. Carlson has been improving Jacksonville’s health for over 15 years. As a chiropractor with experience, Dr. Carlson is committed to finding the proper diagnosis while promoting optimal health and well-being of his patients. Following diagnosis he will evaluate for misalignments in the spine and then use chiropractic manipulation to correct them. Correcting spinal misalignments can reduce joint pain, relax spasmed muscles and calm overactive nerves. Dr. Carlson’s approach is to create balance between the joints, muscles and nerves to reduce or eliminate pain.