Whether you do extreme, adventure, recreational or competitive sports, you may have suffered a sport injury before. Initial treatment of an injury is important in how the injury will recover later on. Effective sport injury treatments will ensure a smooth and fast recovery for the athlete. If handled incorrectly, you may just have to spend more time idling away from your favorite sport activity.
Injuries are an inevitable part of playing any sport, be it tennis, squash, football, baseball, hockey, cycling, golf or any other. Just like defeats don’t stop an athlete from moving on, physical injuries should not prevent you from playing sports because there almost always is a way to treat the injury and even major injuries can now be treated affordable.
Types of Sports Injuries.
Sports injuries may range from bruises and muscle strains, to fractures and head injuries. The most common sports injuries are:
- Ligament sprains and muscle strains
- Swollen muscles
- Knee injuries (torn meniscus, runner’s knee or patellofemoral pain syndrome, jumper’s knee, articular surface problems, problems with the kneecap)
- Knee ligament injuries (torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), torn posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), torn medial collateral ligament (MCL))
- Shoulder injuries (rotator cuff tears, glenoid labrum tear)
- Tendon injuries (Achilles tendon injuries, DeQuervain’s syndrome or washerwoman’s sprain or mother’s wrist)
- Pain along the shin bone (shin splints)
- Bone fractures (scaphoid fracture, hip fracture)
- Dislocations (shoulders, fingers, knees, wrists, elbows)
- Spine injuries (herniated disk, sciatica, lumbar spinal stenosis).