Did you know that Basketball is the most common sport that causes injuries. Football, soccer and baseball are the next most common sports that cause injury. It is not surprising how many people have permanent injuries from the sports above and many other types of sports. Extreme sports are becoming more popular and this also causes more injuries. Getting checked out soon after a sports injury is so important to minimize long term injuries. The right diagnosis and treatment can get you back to your sport quicker. Missing time on the field is never fun.
In recent years there are some new styles of exercise that are very intense. Crossfit and HIT training are styles of workout that push people to failure and often cause injuries. This style of workout is very exciting and addictive. With this style of workout it is so important to address small injuries as they happen or you may have to spend extended time away from the gym. Having a chiropractor to address these sports injuries is so important to staying in the game!
Like Sports Injury Treatment, Chiropractors also provide treatment for Auto Accident Injury, Work Injury.
Types of Sports Injuries.
Sports injuries may range from bruises and muscle strains, to fractures and head injuries. The most common sports injuries are:
- Ligament sprains and muscle strains
- Swollen muscles
- Knee injuries (torn meniscus, runner’s knee or patellofemoral pain syndrome, jumper’s knee, articular surface problems, problems with the kneecap)
- Knee ligament injuries (torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), torn posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), torn medial collateral ligament (MCL))
- Shoulder injuries (rotator cuff tears, glenoid labrum tear)
- Tendon injuries (Achilles tendon injuries, DeQuervain’s syndrome or washerwoman’s sprain or mother’s wrist)
- Pain along the shin bone (shin splints)
- Bone fractures (scaphoid fracture, hip fracture)
- Dislocations (shoulders, fingers, knees, wrists, elbows)
- Spine injuries (herniated disk, sciatica, lumbar spinal stenosis).